For 4 serving
- 1 medium sized eggplant, diced and roasted
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalks celery, from the inner, tender stalks (the heart),
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 medium gold onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon of cappers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- Sea salt to taste
Wash and cut the vegetables, pour the oil into a non-stick pan, heat and add the onion and celery, cook and mix until the onion is golden, and add the olives, capers and vinegar, continue to cook for one minute and add the peppers, after 2 minutes add the courgettes and salt to your taste.
After 2 minutes add the roasted eggplant and La San Marzano Tomato Basil sauce, cook for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a non-stick pan, toast the pine nuts over high heat. Serve the Vegan Caponata on a plate and complete with the toasted pine nuts and a basil leaf.
The caponata can be served both hot and at room temperature and can be used to dress bruschetta, pasta salad, as a side dish. If you prefer a spicy taste you can use the Arrabbiata sauce to prepare the caponata.